FRIDAY 21st & SATURDAY 22nd JUNE 2019
Arise 2019 is taking place over two days and three central London Venues. Here you can find out what's on and where it will be... there's a lot going on!
ARISE: A FESTIVAL OF LABOUR'S LEFT IDEAS
Arise is opening with a 'General Election Now! Time for a Corbyn Government' rally on Friday evening (21 June) with John McDonnell MP, Diane Abbott MP and other special guests!
The Friday evening Rally will be starting at 6.30pm and be taking place at the National Education Union, Mabledon Place, Hamilton House, WC1H 9BD
Saturday (June 22) at Arise will be a day of interesting workshops, discussions and training sessions featuring over 20 important topics with a range of campaigns and speakers!
Saturday at Arise will be taking place across two Central London venues (with only a short distance between them).
- Unite Holborn, 128 Theobalds Rd, Holborn, London WC1X 8TN
- Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, Holborn, London WC1R 4RL
Arise 2019 sessions include:
• Taking back control for the many - 21st century public ownership and shaping a new economy
• A Socialist approach to Disability
• Progressive Local government in an era of Tory austerity and attacks
• Socialist Solutions to Climate Chaos – for a Green Industrial Revolution
• Public services for people not profit – why we need to kick the private sector out
• Beyond parliamentary politics – why movements will be key to a Corbyn victory
• Building workers’ rights and power – transforming the workplace
• Socialists, social media and winning #JC4PM
• Universalism works – stopping the cuts and rebuilding social security
• The Empire Strikes Back in Latin America – opposing US blockades & war threats
• Don’t let the racists divide us – Unite against the far-right and rise in racism
• Trump and the Global Nuclear Threat
• Justice for Palestine – a key part of an ethical foreign policy
• LGSM: Unfinished Business, the Miners’ Strike and the fight for justice
• Homes for all - why the market can’t solve the housing crisis
• Grenfell two years on – the fight for justice continues
• Investing in equality – end the Tory assault on women
• A Prime Minister for Peace - Why we need a Corbyn Anti-war government
• Hope vs. the extreme right in Latin America – social progress or reaction?
PLUS MORE TBA!
WITH CAMPAIGNS INCLUDING:
Labour Assembly Against Austerity, Momentum, London Young Labour, Labour Friends of Progressive Latin America, Disability Labour, Labour CND, Labour Against Racism & Fascism, Brazil Solidarity Initiative, Justice Mexico Now, Stand up to Trump, Stop the War Coalition, Palestine Solidarity Campaign, Labour & Palestine, Labour Women Leading, LGSM, We Own It, and MORE including our media partners the Morning Star.
A FULL AGENDA WILL BE SENT TO ALL TICKET HOLDERS BEFORE THE EVENT